Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays - Vanity Fair

is hosted by Should be Reading.


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  1. Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  2. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  3. Also share the title of the book that the “teaser” comes from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! Please avoid spoilers!

The idea of sharing poverty and privation in company with the beloved object, is, as we have before said, far from being disagreeable to a warm-hearted woman. The notion was actually pleasant to little Amelia.

~ p. 238, Vanity Fair, by William Makepeace Thackery.

5 comments:

Kaye said...

Oh, that is such a fabulous book! I hope you are enjoying it.

My teaser is here

Amat Libris said...

I'll have to get that book off the shelves again soon. I read it seven years ago and loved it.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I liked this book too!

Teaser

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to read this. Thanks for the teaser :)

Wendi said...

I've always loved the name Amelia!

Here's my Teaser from How Not to Look Old! ~ Wendi