Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - Vanity Fair (again)

is hosted by Should be Reading.


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  1. Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  2. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  3. Also share the title of the book that the “teaser” comes from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! Please avoid spoilers!

I'm still reading Vanity Fair, finding it enjoyable though long and sometimes tedious.

'That little devil brings mischief wherever she goes.' the major said, disrespectfully. 'Who knows what sort of life she has been leading; and what business has she here abroad and alone?'

~ p. 649, Vanity Fair, by William Makepeace Thackery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the second teaser! I have this on my shelf, but its size has intimidated me so far. You have whet my appetite :)

Jenny Girl said...

I read this a few years ago and throughly enjoyed it. Hope you are too!