Sunday, January 16, 2011

L. M. Montgomery Challenge 2011

L. M. Montgomery Reading ChallengeI'm a little late to the party on this one because I was determined to finish Les Misérables before starting the L. M. Montgomery Challenge, hosted by Carrie at Reading to Know. While I am still processing my thoughts on Les Mis, I am prepared with the three Emily books already checked out from the library, overcoming at least one obstacle that stymied me last year. I would like to read all three - Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs, and Emily's Quest - in the next 2 weeks, but we'll see how that goes. I'm looking forward to comparing Emily with Anne and getting to know another Montgomery character, as well as returning to the picturesque villages of Prince Edward Island. Maybe I'll check out the movies, as well, although I usually prefer to read than to watch.

Thank you, Carrie, for hosting this challenge again. Your enthusiasm is infectious, and if you ever plan a reader's tour of Prince Edward Island, I will be one of the first to sign up!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Good to know! I'll contact you first if we can ever manage that. (Wouldn't that be so cool!?!?)

Surely after reading Les Mis, the Emily books should be a BREEZE! Congrats on your accomplishments already and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Emily!