Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ireland Reading Challenge

I generally don't like to commit to challenges because I usually have a big enough pile of books between what I read for book clubs and what I choose from my mental or written TBR list. I like to choose my next book without the constraints of a challenge or multiple challenges dictating my choice. With that said, however, I'm going to join the Ireland Reading Challenge hosted by CarrieK at Books and Movies because it fits with the priorities on my mental TBR list quite well!

I am hoping to read 4 books by November 30, 2010 for the Luck o' the Irish level. I might change my mind, but these are the titles I hope to read (the Amazon links will be updated with links to my reviews as I finish these books):

An Irish Country Doctor
The Yellow House: A Novel
The Banks of the Boyne: A Quest for Christian Ireland
Great Irish Short Stories

edited to add other intriguing titles:
1916: A Novel of the Irish Rebellion based on this review at Truth in Fiction

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, if you were going to pick a challenge -that does sound like a fun one! =)

Heather VanTimmeren said...

Carrie - I'll also be in on your Narnia challenge, and I'm really looking forward to that one!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're joining us for the Ireland Challenge!